Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I've lived in a great apartment in midtown for the last 4 years.  This is the longest I have lived in one place since I was 15 years old.  Recently there was the possibility that I was going to have to move, however that has since been resolved and I will definitely be staying in my apartment for now. When faced with the possibility of moving and then finding out I would be staying, I now have an even deeper love for my place of residence.  Here's my fav list for my apartment:
  • Beautiful hardwood floors
  • Fan in the dining room
  • Cute teal tile in the bathroom
  • Gas oven/stove in the kitchen
  • Gas heater in the living room works like a charm and takes only 20 minutes to heat my whole place
  • A/C in the bedroom is right where I want it when it's an 80 degree night
  • No roommates (except my cute kitties)
  • Cat policy has always been "don't ask don't tell" (all the tenants have cats)
  • Cable is free
  • Trash pick-up is free
  • Water is free
  • Wifi provided by the owners
  • Rent is cheap compared to the rest of the greater Sacramento area
  • Connected parking garage is safe
  • Maintenance issues are fixed within a day or 2
  • Huge windows in the living and dining room face east so I get great morning sun
  • 2nd floor means I do not look at another building or fence out my front windows
  • Apartment manager is friendly and lives in the complex
  • Mailbox is 20 steps from my door
  • Gated complex (keeps out the majority of the crazies)
  • Walking distance to countless parks, restaurants, bars and coffee shops
  • Coin laundry onsite
  • Landscaping is well maintained
  • Excellent water pressure in the shower
  • Have never needed to use a plunger on my toilet (don't even own one)
  • Trees right outside my living room window bloom with the most gorgeous pink blossoms in late summer
  • All my bedroom furniture fits in the bedroom
  • Safeway within 1 mile
  • Gym within 1 mile
  • Easy access to all major freeways
  • 15 minutes from airport
Thank God I get another year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment