Monday, March 7, 2011

Wanted: A School Psych Position

I am anxiously waiting to hear from my school district as to whether or not they are going to be able to "create" a full time (aka PAID) position for me next year.  I suppose there are 2 parts to that statement.  First a position needs to materialize and second, I have to be offered said position.  It is a stressful place to be in... I have made a choice to stay in the Northern California area for now which severely limits which of the 900 school districts in California I can apply to.  Oh and let's not forget the districts need to have a position open.  And again I need to be offered said position. 

My fears..... that I will get hired at a district where I do not jive with the Special Ed Team.  That I will be making the same or even less than I was at my last job before I had my masters.  And will therefore continue to live in dire financial straits and will be forced to continue working part time at Borders just to make my student loan payments.  That I will be commuting a ridiculously long and trafficy distance in essence cancelling out the cushy education schedule I have been so excited about.  And leaving me little to no time for going to the gym and preparing healthy meals.

Hopefully none of these fears will materialize.  I am trying to remain positive.  I search for School Psychologist job postings daily.  I have secured teachers and supervisors to write letters of recommendation.  I am working on updating my resume.  I am also hoping that just maybe my district will be able to keep me on and I will not have to worry about looking for another job.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment