Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Animal Lover's Exception

This morning around 2am while me and my kitties were happily tucked into my bed, I am dreaming.  Possibly about chicken pox.  They are itchy.  They are really itchy.  They get worse.  And even worse.  And I finally wake myself up by scratching multiple horribly itchy spots on my arms and pinky finger.  I get out of bed and blind myself turning on the bathroom light and yes, sure enough there are matching brand new swollen bug bites, one on each arm and one huge one on my pinky.  I am in serious need of my mosquito assassin and seriously consider calling him.  I sit on my bed with the lights on determined not to try to sleep until I find the illegal immigrant and send him on to his next life.  I last approximately 15 seconds, and instead resort to putting on a long sleeve top and burying myself in my sheets.  This is not my preferred way of sleeping.  I cannot stand to inhale hot regurgitated previously used air and I now feel like there are mosquitoes crawling on me every 5 seconds in random places all over my body.  My anxiety level is through the roof.  Despite all this somehow I eventually I manage to calm myself down and finally start to drift off back into sleep.....



and then........



"bzzzzzzzzz!!"  RIGHT IN MY EAR. 

I slept like shit last night.


p.s. I am generally an animal lover, however mosquitoes are pretty close to the top of my list of living beings whose populations I feel no remorse whatsoever about personally thinning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment