Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Serious Time

Brent and I have agreed to have some serious conversations this weekend.  I found an article in my latest Glamour magazine with important topics for couples to discuss to answer the question...

ARE YOU READY TO GET MARRIED?

Here are the questions:
  1. How important to you is spending time with family?
  2. Money is best used for _________________________.
  3. What's our financial goal for the next 3 years? Five?
  4. Who should handle the finances?
  5. Do we have a budget that will help us achieve our financial plans?
  6. Do we know how much we owe and to whom?
The rest are agree/disagree statements:
  1. I am comfortable discussing our financial affairs with my partner.
  2. I can live within my income.
  3. We have discussed whether we will have separate bank accounts.
  4. I am feeling some pressure to get married.
  5. We have discussed our feelings about having children, and about how to plan our family.
  6. Sex is extremely important to me.
  7. Sex is necessary for happiness.
  8. Sex is a good sign of a couple's love.
  9. I am afraid of being sexually unsatisfying to my future spouse.
  10. I am satisfied with the amount of romance in our relationship.
  11. I will feel comfortable letting my spouse know that I am in the mood for lovemaking.
  12. I have the right to say no to having sex.
  13. I will feel comfortable initiating lovemaking.
  14. Our sex life will cool off as we grow older.
It will be interesting to see how these conversations go.  I agree that these are some valuable (albeit potentially challenging) topics to discuss.  I have my own guesses as to what Brent's answers will be, but maybe he will surprise me.  He's been know to in the past.

1 comment: